Now, I’m fairly new to the blogging scene, but Make It Bittersweet is not my first blog. I also have a food blog, This Fox Cooks. I started it just over a year ago and there are already a bunch of things that I wish I had told myself when I started out.
1. Get a better camera.
2. Really, get a better camera, it will make a huge difference to your pictures.
3. Once you start, keep going. An object in motion stays in motion. You might take a short break or two, but keep at it!
4. Don’t be shy about promoting your blog and posts. Otherwise, it will just be your Mom reading them.
5. Get out there and network – remember that social media thing? Use it.
6. Be sure to thank your Mom for promoting your blog A LOT more than you are (it’s probably because she’s the one that reads it.)
7. Maybe reconsider that blog name. Some people might think it doesn’t sound like a food blog…it might sound like something else, something inappropriate. (For the record, my blog was originally named “The Vixen Life” and I did change it.)
8. Don’t take things too personally if posts don’t turn out the way you wanted them to.
9. Stay optimistic. You will make blog-friends and it will feel very cool. Someone that you’re not face-to-face friends with or related to is actually reading your blog.
10. Keep true to the goals you originally had when you started the blog, but don’t be afraid to change if you feel that it’s what you need. It’s YOUR blog!