We’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award by Life in German! From what I can tell, this is kinda like a blogger chain letter, but we’re going for it!
Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Write 11 facts about yourself once nominated.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 11 blogs with 200 or less followers. Let them know they’ve been nominated.
5. Create 11 Questions for those bloggers to answer.
Let’s start with the random facts:
– I was born and live in Toronto, Canada.
– My first language was Lithuanian, but I can’t speak it now.
– I eloped in Mexico almost 15 years ago.
– I have three cats, who all need special diets and who all want to eat the wrong food.
– I have another blog: This Fox Cooks
– I like dancing to 80’s music way too much.
– I know all of the words to way too many of Weird Al’s songs.
– I’m an IT geek and have a degree in Computer Science.
– My favourite movie is a tie between “Zorro, the Gay Blade” and “Labyrinth”.
– I watch too many cooking shows.
– I can’t think of one more random fact about myself.
Now for the questions we need to answer:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Tulum, Mexico…it’s so beautiful there!
2. Where do I absolutely have to go and what do I need to do when I get there?
Tulum, obviously (see above.) There, you need to relax and enjoy the gorgeous water and amazing food. Once you’ve had some time to chill, drive inland to see the ruins at Coba. Then, take a trip a little father inland to see the city of Valladolid . While you’re there, go to the
3. Your top place that you want to travel to and what you would do there.
Tulum – see both above.
4. Do you have any upcoming trips, where to?
Nope. See my Dream Vacation post.
5. What are your carry on travel necessities?
I like to be covered for almost any emergency, but I also try not to over pack (it’s a tricky balance.) Definitely:
– Moisturizer and sunscreen
– iPad loaded with magazines, movies and music
– A good book
– A snack (almonds are always good)
– Ginger pills (I don’t like flying and these calm my stomach)
– A giant scarf that I can use as a blanket
– Disinfectant wipes
6. How did you decide on your blogs name?
It’s actually a play on Mary’s and my name. Mary means “Bitter Sea” (in Hebrew) and Rasa translates to “essence” or “nectar” (in Sanskrit). We combined these and our name was born.
7. Why do you blog?
As a creative outlet.
8. What’s in your purse at this very moment?
Wallet, my makeup/emergency stuff bag and a wooden cat.
9. Wine, beer, or a cocktail?
10. What is your favorite dish/favorite thing to cook?
Too many to choose just one…I love making pizza for a group or tacos (I even make my own tortillas.) Schnitzel is also very popular in my house. I also love making a curry with whatever veggies I want to use up.
11. What is your favorite side dish/appetizers?
Again, too many to choose from, but let’s a go with a nice cheese board (as an appetizer.) This lets me put out a selection of interesting cheese and nibbles that everyone can pick at…and I love cheese. And bread.
I’ve never been good at passing on chain letters, so I don’t really know who to nominate, but here are my questions:
1. Christmas stuff in stores the day after Hallowe’en. Yay or nay?
2. Christmas music before December. Yay or nay?
3. What food trend needs to go away immediately?
4. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
5. What famous cartoon character or puppet would you be?
6. Your 3 desert island essentials?
7. Biggest pet peeve?
8. Favourite flower?
9. Lipstick, lip gloss or chapstick?
10. What is your favourite book?
11. What would be your last meal?